The quality of trainees we receive from the University is consistently high. We value the way in which they are prepared for their school based work. We also value the support from the University as we partner in their training for their career in teaching.
Christopher Ley, Head of MFL, The Park School, North Devon
PGCE Secondary with Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
What we offer:
- Outstanding training in subject teaching (French, German and Spanish)
- A phased and supportive approach, where you work with experienced teachers in two contrasting school placements to develop excellence and independence in the classroom
- Research-inspired teaching
- Outstanding support for Masters-level elements of the PGCE
- Excellent student satisfaction, outcomes and employability rates
What we look for:
- Candidates with a strong intercultural understanding who are passionate about languages and the positive impact they can have on young people’s lives
- An understanding of what life is like for a teacher of MFL in the UK, and a desire to support young people in and out of the classroom
- A willingness to take risks, to collaborate, and to take on a challenge!
See the individual subject pages